Wednesday, March 23, 2011

springtime funtime!

hola! it's been an ultra busy spring semester, but I assure you, many things are being done!
I'm working on a new storybook that I'm actually really excited about, but for right now I'll keep what it's about a surprise ;) 

anyhoo, here's a digital painting I did!

I love underwater scenes so much, this was fun to paint, I want to try more like this! I bought a big pad of pastel paper and brand new prismacolor soft pastels so I can't wait to experiment, I like the texture a bunch.

critiques and comments are appreciated, constructive ones at least :)




7 comments:

  1. I'm no artist, so I can't really critique. But that is a truly lovely painting. Does it still get called a painting if it's done with pastels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! well this is a trick, it actually is a painting! but it's done in photoshop and I made it look like pastels ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! You did an especially wonderful job on the dog, which is absolutely adorable. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you, I'm glad you like it! the dog was my favorite part to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the reflected shimmer in the water

    ReplyDelete