Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Darshana Hearts Ananasa: plastic pills

http://www.ananasa.com/stores/plastic-pills
 One of my true joys in life is buying handmade. It's just such a good feeling knowing that you're spending your money supporting individuals/small businesses as well as knowing that you get to keep the fruits of someone's labor. That's a quality you can't manufacture.

Now, for those of you that haven't heard of it, Ananasa.com is an online marketplace where people from all around the world can easily shop handmade from the Middle East!

Sure here in America we'll find Middle Eastern/Arab "inspired" jewelry, clothing, or furniture, but it doesn't compare to the real thing. You are now able to shop directly from the source, and I think that's so amazing. It's also nice to be able to put a face (or faces) to the products that you're buying. I always love when my shopping experiences feel personal, not so robotic.

Now I wanted to spotlight a shop on Ananasa called plastic pills, which is run by designers Roanne and Dina in Beirut!

Their specialty is acrylic (and gold plated acrylic) statement jewelry! I've never heard of gold plated acrylic, but I'm intrigued. For me, plain acrylic jewelry can look kind of childish/cheap at times, but plastic pills necklaces have a certain regality about them. They're fun & cartoony, reminiscent of cut paper, but artfully designed and executed.

these are some of my favorite pieces.

http://www.ananasa.com/queen-bee.html
Queen Bee ~ $30.00
perfect necklace to remind everyone who the real woman in charge is!

http://www.ananasa.com/roses-are-red.html

Roses are Red ~ $30.00 
so beautiful, this reminds me so much of Beauty and the Beast

I'm looking forward to  seeing what else they come up with! Be sure to check out plastic pills here: ananasa.com/stores/plastic-pills, and all of the other wonderfully talented artisans and designers over on Ananasa.com

Take care ♡!

No comments:

Post a Comment